||[2021-07-15 17:41] Announcements
|Site Patched to 2.21.7:
Another month, another update... Nothing significant in nature, but some continued updates to make Force Management more robust, as well as other things. Details of what's included are as follows:
- Fixed an issue with the formatting of emails that were sent when receiving notices for new site messages
- Fixed an issue where editing the Privacy in a Force twice in a session would not show the currently selected value, but rather the original value
- Cleaned up my CSS code to streamline and simplify the files being used
- I modified what was classified as a source for units to limit them to only record sheets, as I don't create the unit without a record sheet. Additionally, the list of sources the unit appears in is now sorted so the most recent is listed first.
- Where the armor type appears on record sheets was moved to the top right, next to the Armor Diagram heading. Additionally it also wraps if multiple words or hyphenated. This helped as the armor type was getting shrunk and very hard to read in some cases. It also unifies where one can look to see the armor type.
- Modified IndustrialMechs so they can start as early as 2300, assuming Experimental rules level is being utilized
- As Forces can now be public, I added Designer as a column in the listing to help users know who designed the force; additionally designer can be filtered on if desired
- Modified Force Management to account for forces with units equipped with TAG (or TAG-like equipment) or part of a C3 network. New columns were added to indicate which units have TAG as well as which type of C3 the unit uses. If applicable, the Battle Value for these units is now adjusted for being in a force. To understand just how much it impacted the unit, the adjustments can be seen on the Battle Value breakdown when viewing the unit.
- I changed how new accounts were created so users need to opt-in to retrieve notifications on new submissions (I've always hated being auto-opted in on something, yet here I was doing it to others)
- Updated the description, game rules, and stats for the following weapons and equipment:
- Clan and Inner Sphere Technology
- Retractable Blade
- Shield (Small, Medium, and Large)
- Vibroblade (Small, Medium, and Large)
NOTE: Any forces or units impacted by the above fixes and/or changes have had their stats recalculated to ensure accuracy.