||Recently Approved or Updated Submissions
Below are the fifty most recently approved () or updated () submissions on Mordel.Net. These entries are gathered from the following sections: Calendar, Downloads, Links, Products and Technical Readouts. Clicking on the entry will bring you to that entry in the appropriate section. The Date indicates the approval date of the entry, and may not always be the same day on which it was submitted.
||[2018-07-20 21:25] Announcements
|Site Patched to 2.18.10:
So, another update because there was a bug that made it near impossible to design Clan 'Mechs (hey, I make mistakes too). Details are as follows:
- Fixed a bug where the standard cockpit was not selectable for Clan BattleMechs. This effectively meant you couldn't design a Tournament Legal Clan BattleMech. It's been fixed so the standard cockpit now appears as it should.
- Updated the Tech Rating for the AC/10 and AC/2. It was previously listed with a tech rating of E, when it should have been C. All units equipped with one of those weapons have been recalculated so the tech rating is now correct.
- Added a new restriction which allows for you to specify a weapon cannot be placed in a location if that location already mounts one of the weapons that is specified. This is another step (with many more to come) before custom weapons & equipment can be implemented.
||[2018-07-14 14:08] News and Headlines
|Announcing Core Rulebook Reprints, with Vintage Covers:
To celebrate the imminent release of the BattleTech Beginner Box and BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat boxed sets, the release of Harebrained Schemes’ BATTLETECH, as well as Piranha Games hotly-anticipated MechWarrior 5, new printings of the core BattleTech rulebooks are now available in PDF from the Catalyst Game Labs store.
The PDFs feature fully-updated errata and vintage artwork covers! As each of the core rulebooks are reprinted, they’ll receive a vintage cover to celebrate the wonderful history of the BattleTech universe. Each represents the most up-to-date, polished version of the essential BattleTech rules.
Any customers who previously purchased these PDFs will receive an e-mail notification enabling them to download these updated printings.
The classic artwork gracing the covers of these products appears below. The line includes:
Note: the hard-copy availability of the new printings of Tactical Operations and TechManual has not been determined.
- Total Warfare, the core BattleTech rulebook. Following the book’s print debut at Origins Game Fair and Gen Con, pre-orders for the print edition are now available, with an expected street date of August 22, 2018. (ARTIST: Les Dorscheid; First Publication: BattleTech Manual, 1987.)
- TechManual, the core construction rulebook allowing players to create their own exciting units for unique BattleTech games. A companion volume to Total Warfare, TechManual provides construction rules for tournament-legal units, as well as core weaponry and equipment and the newest, bleeding edge technologies. (ARTIST: Doug Chafee; First Publication, Tactical Handbook, 1994.)
- Tactical Operations, the advanced rules that apply to on-world operations. It includes new movement and combat options, an extensive Advanced Weapons and Equipment section, and the rules for playing and constructing advanced Support Vehicles and Mobile Structures. (ARTIST: Doug Chaffee; First Publication, CityTech, Second Edition boxed set, 1994.)
A fully-updated errata PDF of Strategic Operations, the advanced rules for aerospace combat and solar system-level campaigns, is in the works. (ARTIST: Steve Venters; First Publication: BattleForce box set, 1987.)
The PDFs are priced at $15 each, and are available now.
If you’re traveling to Gen Con from Aug. 2 to Aug. 5, be sure to stop by Catalyst Game Labs’ booth to check out the new BattleTech boxed sets and all of Catalyst’s great games!
||[2017-05-26 16:57] BattleMech Technical Readout
|TRO: Armaneti AMNI-4J
BattleMech Technical Readout
Name/Model: Armaneti AMNI-4J
Designer: Warhammer: 3025
Source(s): Custom Mordel.Net Units
Technology: Inner Sphere
Technology Rating: D
Configuration: Biped BattleMech
Era/Year: Late Succession Wars / 3025
Rules (Current): Introductory
Rules (Era): Introductory
Rules (Year): Introductory
Total Cost: 6,831,125 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,451
Power Plant: 300 Fusion
Walking Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Jump Jets: Unknown
Jump Capacity: 120 meters
1 SRM 6
1 LRM 10
2 Medium Lasers
Primary Factory: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking: Unknown
NOTE: fluff by Raven!
After the ravaging of the Succession Wars, the Inner Sphere had been thrown down into the
dark ages. Technology was rare and hardly as powerful as it once was. In the past entire
cities could be wiped out from the single blast of a powerful warships weapons. Today,
cities are fought for block by block, door by door, and BattleMech by BattleMech.
This attrition has had its toll. Today powerful BattleMechs are rare. The type of BattleMech
that causes everyone on the field to sit up and take notice. The AMNI-4J Armaneti was
designed to fill this gap.
The most important aspect that the Armaneti was attempting to capture was raw control of the
BattleField. This cannot be accomplished unless the machine was able to strike out and cause
damage at all ranges. This, of course, is not easy. Especially with the technological
limitations the designers found themselves under. Every part had to be something that was
either: A) locally produced and controled or B) easily salvagable.
The designers put forth a machine that has actually met all of these requirements.
The weapons package of the Armaneti has been designed to push the limits. Although many
mechs might boast a PPC, LRM, SRM, and Medium laser mix, none do so with the style, grace,
and survivability of the Armaneti. She can threaten an enemy BattleMech at all ranges with
enough force to be a serious opponent on the battlefield, both strategically and tactically.
The PPC/LRM combination combines long range fire power, consistent damage profile, and heat
management into one very useful package. A Marauder or Warhammer might deal out more damage,
but not nearly as long as the Armaneti will be able too. Therefore, the Armaneti actually
has a larger damage portfolio: it can consistently fire longer, and consistently do damage,
even as shifting ranges.
When things get close in and hot, from PPC/LRM the Armaneti switches to Medium lasers and a
powerful SRM system. After blasting holes through an enemies armor, the SRM seeks them out,
destroying equipment and weaking the internal structure of the machine. Such a deadly
combination is extremely successful and has led to this machine not being able to be
Finally the inclusion of the flamer rounds out this weapons package nicely. Able to be used
to set fires to smoke out the enemy, or in an anti-infantry role, the flamer has plenty of
A smart commander with even one Armaneti has a powrful unit at his command, and if applied
properly, one that will guarantee victory.
Currently the Armaneti is only deployed within the Free Worlds League, but that might change
Internal Structure: Standard 7.50
Engine: 300 Fusion 19.00
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 4
Heat Sinks (Single): 15 5.00
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Armor Factor: 200 12.50
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 23 26
Center Torso (rear): 11
R/L Torso: 16 20
R/L Torso (rear): 8
R/L Arm: 12 21
R/L Leg: 16 28
Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
SRM 6 CT 2 3.00
2 Jump Jets RT 2 2.00
LRM 10 RT 2 5.00
Medium Laser RT 1 1.00
2 Jump Jets LT 2 2.00
LRM 10 (Ammo 24) LT 2 2.00
SRM 6 (Ammo 15) LT 1 1.00
PPC RA 3 7.00
Flamer LA 1 1.00
Medium Laser LL 1 1.00