||Recently Approved or Updated Submissions
Below are the fifty most recently approved () or updated () submissions on Mordel.Net. These entries are gathered from the following sections: Calendar, Downloads, Links, Products and Technical Readouts. Clicking on the entry will bring you to that entry in the appropriate section. The Date indicates the approval date of the entry, and may not always be the same day on which it was submitted.
||[2018-03-11 10:34] Announcements
|Site Patched to 2.18.2:
I've applied some assorted updates again. Full details of all updates are as follows:
- Fixed an issue where Lower Arm Actuators and Hand Actuators became "fixed" if they were part of the BASE configuration. While everything else behaves in this fashion, removable actuators do not, and can be removed in alternate configurations, even when the BASE configuration is designed with them.
- Fixed a bug where the number of jump jets that appeared on the distribution screen were not properly reduced when you lowered the Walking MP. Even though the Jump MP correctly updated, the number of jump jets on distribution incorrectly reflected the old number.
- Modified the filtering options for Equipment when searching for units. For example, previously if you searched for 'PPC', the results would show every unit that contained equipment with PPC in the title. This included ER PPCs, Snub-Nose PPCs, etc. There are now four conditions for filtering on Equipment. They are 'Like', 'Not Like', 'Contains', and 'Not Contains'. 'Like' and 'Not Like' behave similar to how it worked previously, where it returned (or excluded) all results with equipment titles "like" the value entered. Contains will return units with that exact piece of equipment. So filtering on 'Contains PPC' will show all unit with a PPC (not Snub-Nose, ER, or any other kind).
- Added the ability for an administrator or a project lead to modify the 'Reported By' user for tickets logged in the Electronic Request System.
- A checkbox has been added to the 'Modify warrior data' dialog when viewing a unit. This checkbox will indicate whether you want to enable the modification of warrior data which appears in the readout as well as the record sheet. By default it is not checked, and therefore no Piloting and Gunnery skills will be printed on the record sheets. If you want this info, you will now check the box and modify the data as applicable. This will now allow you to print record sheets without any of the data included.
- The 'Modify warrior data' dialog has been updated to now account for the various possibilities of warrior information that will appear on the unit's record sheet. This information is likewise printed in the applicable regions of the record sheet. BV calculations also take into account the expanded warrior data collection, when applicable. You are now allowed to enter the following warrior data:
- QuadVee: Pilot and Gunner - Names, Gunnery, and Piloting Skills
- Tripod: Pilot and Gunner - Names, Gunnery, and Piloting Skills
- Land-Air (Bimodal and Standard): Name, Gunnery, and Piloting Skills (both BattleMech and Aerospace)
- Command Console: Primary and Secondary MechWarrior - Names, Gunnery, and Piloting Skills
- Default: Name, Gunnery, and Piloting Skill
- Modified the nightly emails which are generated when a new BattleMech is approved. In addition to what was there before, the Designer as well as whether the design is canon or custom, will now be included.
- In an effort to move closer to the inclusion of custom equipment, I've included a flag in the database to indicate that a given piece of equipment can be linked to an Artemis or Apollo FCS. This removes the need to hard-code these within the source code.
- Modified the quick-edit filter dialog so pressing the [ENTER] key while in a text box will now behave as if you clicked the 'Apply' button. Previously you had to type your text, then mouse-click the Apply button, which was marginally a pain.
- Due to the introduction of Super Heavies, I have now added the Long Tom artillery (TO p. 284) as an equipment option. This previously was not available to BattleMechs as it took up too many critical spaces. But they can fit on Super Heavies due to the nature of critical compaction.
||[2017-10-04 17:50] News and Headlines
|Touring the Stars: Wynn's Roost:
While the Outworlds Alliance shrunk on ComStar’s maps for two hundred years, not all of disappearing worlds died. The “Outworlds Wastes” also included secessionists, would-be pocket imperial capitals, abandoned worlds, pirate havens, pirates’ victims, and imagined sanctuaries from the bloody Succession Wars. Wynn’s Roost was one such world, alternately seceding from the defenseless Outworlds, attempting to build an interstellar nation, being abandoned by collapsing civilization, and suffering pirates’ depredations. The sulfurous world has outlasted its pirate tormentors, rebuilt its industrial base, and hosts a growing population that is now reaching out to the stars. It is a glimpse of the potential of the modern Periphery.
Touring the Stars is a whistle-stop tour of the universe! Every system and planet where mankind treads in the BattleTech universe has a story, for those with the drive to explore it. Take a tour of the stars humanity now calls home, experience awesome new worlds, immerse yourself in the local civilization, and prepare to do battle in exotic locales.
Touring the Stars: Wynn's Roost is available from the following eBook/PDF vendors:
||[2018-02-10 20:17] BattleMech Technical Readout
|TRO: Catapult - 1X1 - Doan
BattleMech Technical Readout
Name/Model: Catapult - 1X1 - Doan
Source(s): Custom Mordel.Net Units
Technology Rating: F
Configuration: Biped BattleMech
Era/Year: Clan Invasion / 3050
Rules (Current): Advanced
Rules (Era): Advanced
Rules (Year): Experimental
Total Cost: 13,290,200 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,390
Structure: Endo Steel
Power Plant: 260 XL
Walking Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Jump Jets: Unknown
Jump Capacity: 120 meters
3 ER Medium Lasers
1 Arrow IV System
1 Gauss Rifle
Primary Factory: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking: Unknown
Doan Lao became a MechWarrior in 3051. Though a decent MechWarrior, he was an excellent
strategist. The confederation was extremely hurt at the time and so minds like his were
rare so they gave him a new Catapult so that he would stay away from the heavy fighting.
Doan didn't mind and understood the reasoning but was at the same time disappointed since he
wanted to be in the thick of the action and become a hero. After just two months, Doan
began to fear his aunt and so left with a mercenary unit that was leaving Lao employ. The
unit entered DCMS employ and began fighting Clanners.
Thanks to lots of Clan salvage and the technical skills of the 'Battle Magic' mercenary
unit, Doan's Catapult, was upgraded with full clan technology. Keeping the Arrow IV system
makes the enemy think he's vulnerable up close, that is until they get hit by a Gauss slug.
Staying back to direct the battle and provide artillery support, the Gauss allows him to
enter combat as well if necessary. A flamer was added for anti infantry and in case he also
needed support, a light tag was also installed. Max armor and an ECM suite helps with
defense and the light probe was added for extra versatility.
Having been with the merc unit, Bloody Dragons, for 11 years, leadership of the unit was
passed on to him after the death of Commander Hughes. Since then Doan has been leading the
Dragons from inside the cockpit of his beloved mech, Dizzy.
Internal Structure: Endo Steel 3.50
Engine: 260 XL 7.00
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 4
Heat Sinks (Double): 10  0.00
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Armor Factor: 211 11.00
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 21 32
Center Torso (rear): 10
R/L Torso: 15 23
R/L Torso (rear): 7
R/L Arm: 10 20
R/L Leg: 15 30
Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
ER Medium Laser H 1 1.00
2 ER Medium Lasers CT 2 2.00
Arrow IV System (Ammo 10) [Homing] RT 2 2.00
Light TAG RT 1 0.50
ECM Suite LT 1 1.00
Flamer LT 1 0.50
Gauss Rifle (Ammo 16) LT 2 2.00
Light Active Probe LT 1 0.50
Arrow IV System RA/RT 12 12.00
Gauss Rifle LA 6 12.00
2 Jump Jets RL 2 2.00
2 Jump Jets LL 2 2.00